Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chin Chin Restaurant, and 2010 Range Rover

Hello world, what's happening~

I know... title is kind of corny and all, but until I figure out how to write a catchy title, I'll just put whatever I feel like it...

So! I finally tried Chin Chin restaurant on Sunset Blvd. It's a Chinese restaurant on sunset strip. I often use Sunset Blvd to drive home from school, and I pass this place by almost daily. Every time between 6pm~8pm, this place seemed very busy so I always wondered about their food. A few weeks ago, I somehow saw Paris Hilton and her boyfriend Doug Reinhardt dining at Chin Chin and I wondered what kind of place it is... I know... I am totally one of those "new to LA" type person (still) that wants to try all the restaurants that are famous for being Hollywood hot spots. Anyway, so for dinner, I decided to try Chin Chin.

I have to start with the parking! If you live in Los Angeles (or San Francisco as relevance), you know how hard it is to find a parking spot right by one of the most popular streets to be seen on. There was a rear parking area where it was HUGE for LA standard. I had absolutely no problem finding a parking spot at dinner time, which surprised me quite a bit. There was a back door to enter the restaurant which is where the pick up area is (yes, chin chin does take out as well). But, for the heck of it, my roommate and I decided to walk around to enter through their main entrance. It seemed very modern, chic, Asian-fusion kind of design which was nice actually. Both indoor and outdoor seats are available, and we picked outdoor for the sake of looking at bentleys, lamborghinis, and ferraris driving by.

I had Moo Goo Gai Pan which is chicken breast, mushrooms, celery, and water chestnuts in white wine sauce, and steamed white rice. My roommate had Mangolian Beef with steamed white rice, and a glass of red wine. My chicken dish was pretty good, although I could still taste slightly dry chicken breast even in white wine sauce (is that possible?? hm... I don't know... I somehow thought so though...). My roommie's Mangolian beef was excellent. Slightly crunch texture with slightly sticky sauce, however, it would've been nicer to be slightly meatier. Wine, however, was a bit disappointing. I forgot which one he had, but it was the 2nd one on the list (red wine), and it was not that impressive. The price: little bit below $40. For 2 person, 2 entree and a glass of wine, I think the price is pretty good for a chic night out with friends to enjoy Chinese food before heading to clubs and bars (this is LA after all...). Overall, I definitely recommend this place to anyone. It's a chic place that does not require dress up, friendly staff, decent food, good place for people watching AND car watching, and well priced. If you live in Los Angeles and haven't tried it yet, you definitely should! They are located in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Brentwood, and Studio City (for more information, go to their website: www.chinchin.com)

After the dinner, my roommie and I went to see Funny People at Arclight Hollywood. Honestly, I prefer Sherman Oaks better just because the place is cleaner. I didn't like all the jokes in the movie, but I personally like Seth Rogen and the movie was overall pretty funny. More importantly, though, I saw a white 2010 Range Rover with chromed wheels passing by on sunset blvd. I've seen many pictures of the new 2010 Range Rover, and even saw black one at the dealership in West Hollywood, but it was the first time I saw one up close driving by. I have to say it looked AWESOME!!! When I first saw the new facelift Range Rover, I thought "it looks too round, and futuristic... I think I like the 2007~2009 model better". However, I really liked it a lot. I still need to get used to the side mirror design since I liked the all plastic/black look better than half painted look, but I'll get used to it. I guess it's time for me to start saving up!!!

Anyway, that's it for today. I wrote a lot... hope you guys didn't find it too boring... Tomorrow, I'll write a short blog about my favorite deli in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment